Advanced SUP Skills
Time & Location
About The Event
Dates: Sunday, June 23, 2019 *Contact us to set alternate dates or locations.
Time: 10:00 am to 1:00 pm
Cost: $149.00 + gst = $156.45
Location: Pacifica Paddle Sports: Swartz Bay
Located at E Dock in the Canoe Cove Marina, near the Swartz Bay ferry terminal.
Drive to Pacifica Paddle Sports to drop off gear and pick up parking pass. You will then be directed to parking.
Course Description: This course builds on the skills and knowledge gained in the Basic SUP course and introduces participants to paddling in more challenging conditions and to more advanced paddleboarding skills. It provides the theory and skills for paddling inland waters with some wind and waves. Includes pivot turns, wave surfing, foot positions, edging and bracing. Emphasis is on safety, technique, navigation & environmental conditions. Successful participants will receive the Paddle Canada Advanced Flatwater SUP Skills award.
Prerequisites: Basic SUP course or equivalent experience as assessed by instructor. Paddlers need time and practice to sufficiently develop the skills learned in the prerequisite course before registering in this course.
Included: * Price includes all gear, safety equipment and Paddle Canada certification.
What to Bring:
- board, paddle, leash, PFD with whistle, throw bag (* these are included in the course but participants may use their own)
- immersion gear - (neoprene, wetsuit/drysuit in colder weather) Please contact us if you are unsure.
- neoprene booties, water shoes or sandals for possible beach landings
- change of clothing
- small dry bag
- sun screen
- glasses strap if needed for eyeglasses or sunglasses
- Cancelation & Refund Policy: Certification courses are non refundable within two weeks of the course start date. They are 100% refundable prior to two weeks of the course start date.
- Advanced SUP - $149 + gst$156.45$156.450$0