Forward Stroke Fundamentals
Time & Location
About The Event
Dates: August 23 and September 6, 2018
Time: 6:30 pm to 7:30 pm
Location: Pacifica Paddle Sports: Brentwood Bay, BC
Cost: BYOGear $20.00 + gst With gear rental $45.00 + gst (you may indicate rental option at checkout)
Maximum: 6 participants
Skill level: All ages, must be able to stand, steer and stop while on a board.
This clinic will focus on the 5 fundamentals of effective paddling technique. The forward stroke will be broken down and the what, why and how of each fundamental will be demonstrated and practiced. Mastering the fundamentals of the forward stroke will increase paddling efficiency, speed, stability and endurance as well as making your all round paddling experience more enjoyable.
Our Forward Stroke Clinic focuses on:
- Correct paddling posture
- Appropriate muscle activation
- Loading and unloading the blade
- Correct weight distribution throughout the stroke
- Effective paddle entry, exit, and return
- Concepts of moving the board through the water
- Paddle angles
- Edging the board
We recommend coming early to warm up and aim to start the clinic on water right at 6:30 pm. As well, feel free to practice your new skill on your own until closing time.
What to Bring:
- SUP board
- PFD with whistle
- change of clothes
- clothing suitable for the weather and water conditions (please ask if you are unsure)
* Required: All participants must wear a PFD with a whistle and a SUP leash. These are included in rentals and we also have some available for purchase.
Payment may be made online or by etransfer to: pam@bluejellyfishSUP.ca
Cancellation and Refund Policy: 100% up to 48 hours prior to start date. Non refundable within 48 hours of start date.
Total Price: $20.00 + gst = $21.00 Bring Your Own Gear (you may indicate gear rental at checkout)
$45.00 + gst = $47.25 With Gear Rental
Please come early so we can be on the water by 6:30 pm.
- Forward Stroke - $20.00 + gst$21$210$0